Full-stack software engineer with a focus on connected, distributed systems.
I'm looking for challenging positions about high-potential ICT paradigms, applications and services.
I strongly believe in learning and experimenting as means to find better solutions.
I strive to adapt to all working contexts (solo, within a team, as team leader) and to adapt promptly to dynamic situations.
I am willing to relocate for the right job opportunity.
IT architectures and development
Particular interest in efficiency, scalability, availability and security issues.
Delay-tolerant networking, publish-subscribe, semantic web, interoperability, distributed and fault-tolerant systems;
signal processing and compression;
user interfaces and information visualization;
machine learning and data mining.
Good experience managing and working in team, also in multicultural environments. Great attention to teamwork scheduling, quality assurance and deadline meeting.
Frameworks, platforms and middleware — POSIX, .NET, J2SE, LLVM, CloudFoundry, Apache, PhoneGap, Vuforia, WordPress, WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Message Broker, Hazelcast, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
Applications — Wireshark, NS2, Git, Adobe Creative Suite (Ps, Il, Pr)
Additional knowledge include DSLs (Avisynth, Matlab, R), computer and network hardware assembly, embedded development for industrial automation on AVR/Arduino microcontrollers, RF and electronics test equipment.
Rakuten Inc., Tokyo, Japan
Software Engineer, Project Lead
since May 2014
CloudFoundry private PaaS development and operation.
- Project lead for the deployment of Rakuten's new private PaaS based on CloudFoundry v2 over private and public clouds.
- Identified and developed improvements to the scalability of distributed CloudFoundry components, yielding order-of-magnitude reductions in resource usage.
- Member of the primary administration group, tasked with ensuring business continuity of the world's second biggest CloudFoundry deployment.
Blue Reply, Turin, Italy
Consultant, ICT architect
July 2011—March 2014
ICT architect at Fiat/Chrysler group
- EAI/SOA architect for the Fiat/Chrysler global convergence projects. Proposal, analysis and agile development of a family of automated monitoring/alerting tools for the Fiat ESB infrastructure.
- IT architecture and go-live support of a Siemens Simatic IT MES solution for the new Fiat plants of Kragujevac (Serbia), Grugliasco (Italy), Melfi (Italy) and Pernambuco (Brazil).
- Drafting and implementation of common policies and guidelines regarding ALM, CI and integration patterns for Fiat applications.
- Performance troubleshooting and tuning of corporate applications.
Strayorange, Turin, Italy
Co-founder, full-stack software engineer
Freelance creative group I co-founded in 2007. In two years time we grown from working for small local businesses to international clients.
- Cross-media projects development (graphics, photography, corporate identity, Internet presence).
- Web development on LAMP stack, server administration.
Developer/contributor experience in a number of different open-source projects.
- Developed and maintained ImageTweak, an add-on for the Mozilla Firefox web browser. Since 2007 it has been downloaded over 2 milion times and localized in more than 20 languages.
- Contributed patches to open-source projects such as Mozilla Firefox, the LLVM compiler framework, Redis, Riemann, Bitcoin and various Wordpress plugins.
Minteos, Turin, Italy
2007 (6 months)
Feasibility study and prototyping of a low-cost wireless mesh wildfire alarm
system based on the recognition of the infrasonic sound spectrum of wildfires.
Erasmus exchange MSc degree student
TKK/HUT/Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland
Telecommunication engineering, BSc degree
Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy
Final grade: 94⁄110
Italian (mother tongue), English (academic proficiency, IELTS 7.5, July 2011). Basic knowledge of Japanese, French, German and Spanish.
2004—2005, 2005—2006, 2006—2007
Photography; skiing, snowboarding and trekking; IT policy; fine food and beverages; brewing. But, most of all, the exhilarating sense of endless discovery that can only be felt when travelling.